Many people have read the startling statistics on the effects of TV violence on children. And we can come up with a two camps: Television just a reaction of society – this is one aspect of life. Or television influence and encourage the brutality of this world.
Either way, this should not be sugar-coated. Violence has always been demanding their will or larger scale between some role in society, it is individuals – can help governments ruthless force. So, in the historical sense, it's important to understand the violence and what we have learned. These historical lessons have their place and context, but rather what I'm talking about the glamorization of violence. Regardless of whether life imitates art or art imitates life, it does not really matter. Home tax havens – a safety net in this world. This is the place where the buoy children – positive uplift them – to minimize the effects of teaching and external negative effects. So if you really do not live in a violent world, we can have a little peace, that children – and if it's more a matter of perspective, we are not focusing on the wrong things?
Let's look at the disadvantages too much violence on TV:
- desensitization. Television these days is more realistic than it used to be because of the advancement of special effects and computer animation. Because sometimes it is blurred between the unjustified nature of the line of fantasy and reality. So Um and nonchalant shrug to the extent of sympathy when violence is real news is shared. And here's one more step further, then the children are less empathetic to the suffering around them.
- Fear. How do you feel when you have watched the show a child abduction? I know you do not want to take the kids out of my sight – I was an floating mother. While it's good to be informed, to be distinguished from the facts and sensationalism. What are the statistics and reasonable precautions? If we keep watch negative input, this is what we still perceive the world and how these people can become filled with anxiety.
- Increased violence. Several studies have shown the correlation between increased aggression and increased violence in television. They date back to the 50s.
The television is not a terrible thing. There are several programs out there teaching our children. And if you do not do your homework, there are decent Entertainment shows our children. It is all about balance – even television. So what is the solution for us as parents to resist this violence on TV?
- Know what your kids are watching. watch the show with them – look at what you really are exposed.
- is set to deadline for television. Do not let the kids keep the TV on. Pick shown some preliminary checks, something they can look forward to.
- open communication. Always encourage open communication with children, and not just TV programs. If you already have a good relationship with them – they talk to us about violence on TV, or the difference between reality and fantasy. These types of conversations are natural and open the door to a positive effect.
- encourage other activities. There are many possibilities for our children – from sports to music, to meet with the neighbor kids to a football game. It encourages activities that are less sedentary, there's a host of benefits to these activities.
Be that parents are aware of and help the strong, well-adapted for children are a positive force in this world.